Saturday, October 6, 2012

DIY Mint Jeans

I searched high and low for a pair of mint jeans that I liked and had no luck. So, I came across an idea on Pinterest to dye my own jeans. I could not be more thrilled with the results!

1. I found an inexpensive pair of white jeans at Ross for $12. I loved the fit!


2. Then I bought a package of Tulip Dye in Vert Green.

3. The instructions on how to dye are on the backside of the package and are very easy to follow.

*Utensils I acquired to make this craft, clean and easy, were a large stainless steel pot, table salt, old towels for dye drippage and a stainless steal spatula.

4. After soaking your jeans to their desired tint, rinse them under cold water.
5. Finally, wash them on rinse & spin cycle to make sure the dye sticks.
Then hang dry away from the sun.

Viola! You have a new pair of colored jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment